Author Topic: Direct 3D Rendering  (Read 7490 times)

Offline djberry327

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Direct 3D Rendering
« on: December 17, 2008, 05:43:48 PM »
I just purchased this software the other night.  I wasn't having any trouble the first time I was using it.  I am now starting a new project and everytime I start to add lights, I get this message:Warning: The 3D Renderer has changed from Direct4D to Software mode. Performance may be slow and certain items like mega trees may not render properly. Try minimizing the application then bringing it back up to switch back to direct3D rendering. Reducing the application window size can help avoid this problem

I minimize and bring it back up and it still does the same thing.  It then locks up the software and won't let me do anything.

I checked for updates, but I have the latest issue.

Is there a magic button?  ;D

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Direct 3D Rendering
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »
Do you have any other software running that may be causing a conflict?  Sometimes when other applications are running it can cause this problem.
Michael-

Offline djberry327

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
I don't have anything running unless it's something in the background.  I read somewhere on your site about making sure you don't have other things running while running your software.  I'm not sure I would know what things might cause this problem or would conflict.  I'm not completely computer literate...just enough to make myself dangerous.  ;)

I can shut down some processes, but I'm afraid I'll "end" something I shouldn't.

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Hmmm... If it was something else running it would be something that you started manually as opposed to a background service etc.  I know that when I start a program called Rhapsody it will cause that error for example.  Can you send your project file (.hld) at the point just before it has the issue.  Just save it before you get the error.  email it to me at michael@holidaysoft.com.  I'l like to take a look and see if there are any memory problems going on.
Michael-

Offline djberry327

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:22:22 AM »
Sure......I certainly can.  I just read this post and I'm at work right now.  I will try to remember to send it tonight.  If I happen to not get to it, I will get it sent tomorrow evening.  I downloaded the latest DirectX (10), thinking it might fix the issue, but it didn't.  I thought I would try starting a NEW project to see if it was the house rendering I had.  In the one that has given me such trouble, I used the house image as the yard image also.  When I get the message, it appears as though there is a dead spot in the center of the house.  When I go to put in lights (along the gutters) it stops showing them.  I tried the garage and it only shows the lights on the right side.  I found that interesting and grabbed a yard decor and drug it up over the house and saw there was a dead area in the whole center of the image, meaning: my yard decor disappears, then re-appears as I exit the dead area.  You'll see this when I send you the file.  When I started the new project, I didn't use the house for the yard.  I still get the Direct3D error, but it still allows me to put in lights and there isn't a dead area on the house.  If you would like, I can also send that file so you can compare.

Offline djberry327

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
I sent 3 files.  They are from greys4us2@yahoo.com

Thanks so much for your help.    ;D