Author Topic: Select Complex Objects  (Read 5662 times)

Offline EdWhat

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Select Complex Objects
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:02:19 PM »
It would be very useful to be able to select multiple objects in a complex display or decoration.

For example, I've built 8 decorations layered together to create a Light Arch.  The first unit was constructed using Channels 1-8 on Controller 3.  By using the "Select Controller", I was able to move the Light Arch into place on my display.  I was very excited because it was easy and looked terrific.  I constructed the second Light Arch using Channels 9-16 on Controller 3 (i.e., it would have been appropriate since it was compatiable with the light sequence I created for this past Christmas.)  There appears to be no ability to select this second Light Arch and move it into position.  I have a working display by adding a non-existant Controller in the configuration, rebuilt the decoration, moved it into place and then modified the Light-O-Rama sequence using cut and paste.  While the display looks great, it would be difficult to create the sequences I have planned for this Christmas and then have to cut and paste the sequences to match the real hardware configuration.

One suggestion might be to allow a range of Channels to be selected...

Another option might be to have a "selection grid" available to select multiple Channels on any Controller.  This would be incredible if it would also allow changing a Channel/Controller (e.g., it would allow changing any one decoration in a layered object without having to take the object apart.)

Thank you for your consideration.

Ed

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Select Complex Objects
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
Thanks for the input.  Could you send me an example project of yours?  michael@holidaysoft.com
Michael-