Author Topic: spiral rope light trees  (Read 10623 times)

Offline b737

• View Profile
spiral rope light trees
« on: June 21, 2008, 04:15:15 PM »
Hi Mike, I had posted a feature request on the old forum re having spiral rope light trees as part of the decorations.

I tried one year to photo the tree, on black background.  It just reflects too much light on the black background, so it's very difficult to get a totally tranparent black background.

Tried drawing them..sucked! :D. So, I ask for consideration of this decoration to be included at some time.  At least a clear,green and red color.

Thanks for your consideration.  As others, hoping you can move the release date up as well.

best,
David

Offline J_Lorenz

• View Profile
Re: spiral rope light trees
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »
I went ahead and made some in MS Paint them imported them.  They are not great but they do the trick for seeing the decoration and how they blink.

I made 8 images as I have 16 in a semi circle from 6' down to 1' and they are controlled on one controller/16 channels.  I've attached the 6', 4', 2, 18" images (around that size).  See if they will work for you in the mean time.

enjoy

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
You can also use tree frames.
Michael-

Offline John Lasher

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:44:17 PM »
Hi,
I have been searching the internet for outside christmas and searched Kmart and found both a picture of a white spiral rope light tree and also a green lighted rope light tree.  I downloaded them and adjusted the sizes using paint and saved again.  using the import function I placed the pictures on the house and deleted the white background leaving the spial trees saved in the import file.  By importing different sizes of the trees lets me adjust for distance.  I have tried to paste them here but it didnt work so just go to
http://www.kmart.com         and search for outside christmas.  copy and paste.  Good luck

John

Offline MINIboyink

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
I have some really nice PNGs of spiral trees. The even already have the transparency embedded. I have them in Red, Green, and Blue but I can make them any color. Just drop me an email at bboyink @ mac . com  (the spaces are to prevent bots form grabbing my email) and I will send them to you.

-Brad