Author Topic: Building Arch pieces  (Read 10128 times)

Offline seagypsy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Building Arch pieces
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:55:43 AM »
Would someone be willing to share the piece of an arch that they have build.  I do not have access to photo shop and it seems impossible in power point to build. 

Offline EdWhat

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Building Arch pieces
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
I created 8 image files using Photo Shop.  First, they are each added to the Decorations.  Then each of the eight decorations are layered on top of each other, assigning controller and unit address.  Once they are all on the canvas, they can be resized and moved to the disired location as a single decoration.

If you are interested, I would gladly share.

Ed

Offline Leifeld

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:19 PM »
I have an arch that I created in Corel Draw that looks quite good.  I draws a white arch on a transparent background.

I Created it by selecting the elipse tool and the "arc" function with the endpoints set at 0 degrees and 180 degrees.  Also set the background to Black.  When the arc is the right shape to suit you, then export it as a .jpg file.  Be sure to export it and not save it.  This gives you a picture of the arc (arch).

I wanted 12 channels for my arches.  180 degrees divided by 12 is 15 degrees.

Next set the endpoints for 0 degrees and 15 degrees.  Export the .jpg, name it ArchSeg-01.jpg.

Change the endpoints to 15 degrees and 30 degrees and export.  This is ArchSeg-02.jpg.

Continue on up to 165 degrees and 180 degrees for ArchSeg-12.jpg.

To use the segments, set the Holidaysoft controller and channel numbers and import the first arch segment.  While it is selected set the scale and position it.

Change the controller/channel numbers and import the remaining segments positioning them and scaling them.

Right click the first segment and set the transparency to Black.  If you do not do this you will have big black blobs all over the screen.  Set the transparency on the remaining segments.

------------------

My arch had 12 segments (controller channels)  I would be happy to share the .jpg files, they are quite small.  If your arch had a different number of channels I would be glad to create the .jpgs for you; just ask.

Bob L

Offline brettg1

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 07:06:09 AM »
Hi All,

I am new to the arches this year,  Can someone please forward me an 8 arch display....