Author Topic: Decoration Wizzard  (Read 9259 times)

Offline Leifeld

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Decoration Wizzard
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »
Hello everyone

I was able to program all 80 LOR channels into my Holiday Light Designer 4.  As I added more and more channels, the response time got longer until it took about 15 seconds per mouse click and woe to me if I clicked several times without waiting.

PRESTO!  The Decoration Wizard!  This little jewel will do everything and instead of having about 5000 lights all individual, I would have about 25 "decorations".  BUT......

I read the tutorial in the help files and the even more excellent tutorial "Using HLD4.pdf" by author unknown but he signs the document with bboyink  at  mac  dot   com.  Wonderful step by step.

Lets try this:
Start with new document and background image;  zoom in on an area;  add a few C9 lights;  Decoration Wizard;  Screen turns black with the lights showing brightly then returns to normal view;  Look at the "imports" tab -- Nothing is visible there but if I move the mouse to the area where the icon should be, the mouse turns to a pointing finger and if I click there, the "current light/decoration" field changes to "Custom decoration #52647.wzd19" (where 19 is the 19th time I did this).

Now that this invisible decoration is selected, I click on the main view to "set" the invisible decoration.  It is still invisible.  If I move the mouse around I can "feel" it, resize it with the zoom lever, and the "HUD" identifies it with the "custom decoration #52647.wzd19".

Surely this cannot be so complicated that a senior systems guru of 33 years at Boeing can't get it right.  Just because I have been retired a while should mean that my brain has turned to mush.  There is something I am missing and I can't find it.  I have very few "peers" to ask as they are mostly in the Alzheimers ward, so I come here looking for aid  (not plural, thank you).

Offline Leifeld

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Decoration Wizzard
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
Partial Solution:
A hint was in the Mac forum about having trouble with 2D and 3D acceleration so I disabled the accelerations in my home trial copy and was able to use the Decoration Wizard as advertised.  Disabling acceleration in the video driver on my work machine did not work.

Now I want to bring a copy of the imported decorations to my machine at work (at the City of O'Fallon, MO) where I have a licensed copy of HLD4.  I believe that the decorations are in a file called "Imported.cxt" in the My Documents directory but anything I try with that file results in the HLD4 program crashing with a script error.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can copy my imported decorations to my work machine?  I have other imports on that machine and do not want to lose them so it is not just a matter of overwriting the file.

Bob L

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Decoration Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
You can replace your import libraries with your back up copies.  Just replace the Imported.cxt and Originals.cxt under Documents/Holiday Lights Designer 4/ImageLibs/
Michael-

Willia6mtef

Hello!!!.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
nice site! cool      456778