Author Topic: Labor Hours..  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Light House Guy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Labor Hours..
« on: July 11, 2008, 09:29:51 PM »
Where do you input labor hours in so the report can calculate it? Also is it calculating by the light? Is there a way to calculate cost by the string,? i.e string of 50 mini lights or 150 net lights?
Thanks
Jay

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Labor Hours..
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »
The software does not calculate labor (yet).  We could add that in a future update.  The unit price is per light bulb and type.  For example, if you set C9 Blue to .60 cents then all C9 bulbs will calcaluate at .60 cents.  Net lights and icicle lights are by bulb as well.  The software knows how many bulbs to calculate based on the number of icicle lights or net lights in your project.  Decorations are priced per decoration.  The software does not know how many bulbs are in decoration images so the user can just say that a snowman motif = $20.00.
Michael-

Offline Light House Guy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply...

I look forward to a labor calculation in the future..

Thanks again
 Jay

Offline Light House Guy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »
So most net lights come is incraments of 150.. the last file i created, there were 77 net lights in my design, which I can not accuratly give to my client, if the least amount of net lights is 150.. is there a way to manipulate the report? say anything less than 150 net lights = 150 net lights as a base. Im talking in circles and not quite sure if my point is being relayed properly..

Jay

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
I understand the point and it makes a lot of sense.  I think the way to address that would be to have some custom amount to round up to that a user could enter.  For example, if the light count was 77 then round up to 150. If it was 200 then round up to 300 etc.   The users would have to set their own limits to round to.  That's something we can add to our list of updates.  Let me know if you think that would satisfy the requirement.
Michael-