Author Topic: How do I make LOR control my HLD image?  (Read 26170 times)

Offline direct1998

• View Profile
    • Thiel's Christmas Treasure
Re: How do I make LOR control my HLD image?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »
Go to the LOR forums and you will see the link for S2. 

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
You can downlaod the 2.0.16 upgrade here:
http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareUpgrade.html
Michael-

Offline Denny

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »
You can download the latest version of LOR software here:  http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareUpgrade.html

Offline Nightshadow

• View Profile
    • Hoovers Holiday Fantasy
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
Not sure this will help everybody but I was having the same kinda trouble. I found that opening LOR first and then HLD that worked and all was good. the one thing I notice is that nobody mentioned ( or I missed it ) that the connect button would say yes and when I played the LOR sequence the button went to NO. After starting LOR first that problem went away.

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »
If I experience an interruption in the connection, I just leave HLD running, close and reopen the sequence editor to re-establish the connection. 
Michael-

Offline JDanBeard

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 11:36:20 AM »
Mike -

I'm running the Trial version of HLD - 4.0.1.5 and a trial version of S2 2.3.8.....  I connect utilizing the light-bulb icon and status is "YES" and bulb is blinking.  Occassionally I will see the 1+ Connected Port: 3738... LOR is set to "Control Holiday Lights Designer".  I have tried launching Sequence Editor 1st and all other combinations.  But never once has a light or decoration responded to the LOR commands.  Any suggestions?  Does one trial or the other or in combination prevent me from seeing how the tool actually will work?  Any help would be appreciated.  I have purchased the Advanced version of S2, however it is part of a package and I'm uncertain when I'll actually receive my "license key" from LOR to unlock the trial version I'm currently running.  Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm eager to see my sequences in action.

Offline b737

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 05:51:48 AM »
Hi Dan, I had this problem once as well.  A couple of things to check. Also, I'll give you my step by step for setting things up.

1. I start LOR sequnce editor, and load my seq.   After double checking to ensure everything is correct on Channels in my seq.  I then go to TOOLS..select Chanel property grid...then print that. I also play the seq. once in the LOR editor to see if it plays OK.

2.Under PLAY, verify Control Holiday Lights Designer is checked. Not Control Lights at this time.  Ok, you're pretty much set with the LOR seq. editor for now.

3. Next I change my screen resolution to 1024 X 768. I have found this helps with running HLD and LOR at the same time.  Most likely, when MIchael releases the update to HLD, this probably won't be necessary.  But you'll find scrolling and everything else is somewhat smoother at this resolution.

4. Start HLD. Now use your printout from the channel grid. Go through you're HLD programming of
 lights.  VERY IMPORTANT:  make sure you have assigned your lights to a CHANNEL not a CONTROLLER. I did this one night, only one area of lights blinked...till I figured out my mistake.

5. If you have all your channels matched up to your channel grid you printed, you should be able to click each channel on HLD, and see that section blink for you.  That will let you know you have your channels set up correctly. Also, the Channel grid printout will show if your channels are sssigned to LOR controllers. Very important for LOR/HLD to communicate.

6. In HLD, make sure you save your HLD file.  I use the same name as my LOR seq. to keep things in order.   Ok, if your lights are blinking with the channel click, you are all set in HLD.

7. I know close both HLD and LOR seq. Editor. Depending on your system, it doesn't hurt to reboot as well.

8. In 1024 x768 resolution, re-start LOR Seq. Editor. Load your appropriate sequence.  Then make sure you still have control HLD in the PLAY menu.  Your all set with LOR now....go
ahead and minimize the program.

9. Start HLD. Load your Project file you saved earlier. Now click click on the LOR bulb. A Connect window should then open for you.  Click the connect button. I use the default port 3738. It should show connected at the bottom of the screen, and the LOR light bulb should be flashing.

10. Now re open LOR seq. editor. Hit the Play button to start playing your seq.  Quickly switch back to HLD, if all is well you'll see all your lights etc. go blank as the seq. starts.
Then you should see your lights movin and groovin to your LOR seq.  ;D

I know it's a little involved, but it's actually quite quick when you get the hang of things.  Man does it look cool. My Halloween and Christmas shows looked just about the same on my house as did in HLD. I was pleased. Looking forward to update of colors, so I can hopefully show purple and orange icicles for the Halloween show.

I hope this my help you get things rolling.  Will try and help, if you need more assistance; as I'm sure others as well.

Good Luck. When it works correctly, you'll be pretty amazed to watch your shows. Not to mention, the invaluable tool you have to edit your seq. in real time as well.

Best,
David

PS forgive my spelling. A little tired as I write this stuff.

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
I had a problem like this last week.  A user contacted me because he couldn't get HLD to run any LOR commands.  He sent me his project and it didn't work for me either.   I couldn’t get LOR to send any light commands to HLD at all.  It turned out my copy of LOR S2 recently switched to "Demo" mode.  It must have passed some date threshold.  When that happens some LOR features are disabled including sending commands to HLD.  I put in the registration key they gave me while back and everything started working again.

Symptoms:
In my case, HLD showed "connected" indicating the security handshake was successful and data was being receive from LOR. The light bulb was blinking and all looked good.  However, in demo mode LOR was only sending over "heartbeats", not any real commands. 

Here is the info from LOR:
If they've ever purchased LOR software, no matter what version and no matter whether by itself or as part of a package, then they're entitled to a free license.  They can retrieve their license by going to the following page, and entering the email address that they used to purchase the software:

http://www.lightorama.com/licenseRetrieval.html

Their license will then be mailed to that email address.

If they don't remember the email address they used, or no longer have access to it, they should contact LOR at software@lightorama.com or at 518-539-9000, and we'll get it straightened out.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:25:55 PM by HolidaysoftMike »
Michael-

Offline JDanBeard

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
Thanks Mike and David - I'm up and running.  Plugged in my LOR license # which was just received and it took off like a charm.  Just doesn't like that LOR Demo connection.  I appreciate the responses so much and Mike - thank for the application it really helps me sell my vision to the household.