Author Topic: HLD and LOR Problem  (Read 6112 times)

Offline caimakale

• View Profile
HLD and LOR Problem
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:59:14 PM »
I can't get HLD to allow LOR to control the lights on controller 10.

It works fine on controllers 1 - 9, but as soon as I get to 10, it won't work.  I've checked to make sure the device type is set to Light-O-Rama Controller.

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HLD and LOR Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:25:05 AM »
I can't get HLD to allow LOR to control the lights on controller 10.

It works fine on controllers 1 - 9, but as soon as I get to 10, it won't work.  I've checked to make sure the device type is set to Light-O-Rama Controller.

I think I can help.
Once you get past Controller number 9 things get tricky.  When you pick a LOR "Unit" in the LOR drop down list the tenth item is not "10",  its actually "0A" which is the HEX equivalent of the number 10.  Confused yet?:) LOR uses HEX values for its controller numbers.  If you have something assigned to Controller "10" in HLD, then it the LOR Unit needs to be assigned to the tenth item in the LOR Unit list which is "0A". 

I know this is confusing but when you are in HLD and change the active controller to something above 9 then HLD will display the equivalent "LOR Unit" next to it.

Michael-

Offline caimakale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »
I completely understand hex and did notice it changed to 0A.  I will see what I can do to bridge the gap and report back.

Offline caimakale

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:38:56 AM »
Duh.

I can't believe I let something so simple slip by me.  Oh well, we're not all perfect.  :)

Unit 10 in LOR ends up being Controller 16 in HLD if counting in HEX.  Everything tested just fine after making these necessary changes.

Thanks for the help.