Author Topic: What a wonderful program....  (Read 7433 times)

Offline melwelch

• View Profile
What a wonderful program....
« on: July 25, 2008, 08:40:37 AM »
Granted it took a little bit of a learning curve and the program is a little ruff around the edges, but Michael has been quick to make the needed changes...  Thanks Michael

As the revisions and updates progress the program will become a must have for any serious LOR user.... 

I have completed my layout for Christmas 2008.....  Looks great...  A lot better than the graph paper visualizer that comes with LOR sequencer....

Thanks again Michael

Offline mcnamara9

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: What a wonderful program....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »
Would you like to post a picture of your newly completed "picasso"  ;D  I'd love to see how it turned out.  I'm almost done myself with my layout.

Offline direct1998

• View Profile
    • Thiel's Christmas Treasure
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »
I am real close to finishing my layout design as well.  I have attached what I have at this time. 

Missing are the lights on the 2 wreaths and the mega tree.  I may keep the mega tree in a separate project, but undecided at this time.  

On the left side, I have added boxes for my 4 windows as well as the north poles for that side of the house.

I hope to have a short demo video capture after this weekend showing a complete fade across the house.  When I have that completed I will make sure to upload that. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:28:44 PM by direct1998 »

Offline mcnamara9

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
WOW, that looks great!  Did you draw that star out on top of the roof or did you import that object?    Very well done.  This HLD really enhances the overall LOR experience.  Thanks for sharing.  I hope to complete my layout tonight.

Offline melwelch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »
OK here is mine...

Offline direct1998

• View Profile
    • Thiel's Christmas Treasure
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 10:22:25 PM »
It was fun working on this.  I took the outline of the complete star and separated it in paint.  This gave me 3 separate images.  When you lay them on top of each other, you have the star. 

I took each image and put lights on them.  Once the lights were on each, I used the decoration wizard to capture it so that I can use it again. 

The unfortunate thing was that I did this all when I had the trial version.  When I purchased the full version and installed it, it over wrote the files that I had created. 

Of course Murphy's law stepped in.  I have a back up running for all my files.  It stopped working properly and did not back up the night that I did the work on the star.  And I upgraded to the full version the following day.   >:(

Michael was quick to put that fix in.  It shouldn't take me too long to do the re-work on the star. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:28:26 PM by direct1998 »