Author Topic: HLD 4  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Nightshadow

• View Profile
    • Hoovers Holiday Fantasy
HLD 4
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »
OK for all of you newbies in the program world I have a relization that I came to quite a few years ago, ( I am sixty and have been working with computers for over thirty years NOT professionaly as a programer but personal only ). The relization that I came to is that 95% of the time a program is still in bata mode untill it reaches version FIVE. I offer Windows as a prime example. Have they ever offered a program system that was fully functional at all????? ;) ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:46:16 PM by Nightshadow »

Offline melwelch

• View Profile
Re: HLD 4
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:01:22 AM »
I am almost as old as you and been using computers as long as you..... 

That said..... Surprised you are unclear as to what beta means......   When a program leaves beta that does not mean it is bug proof....  Beta has never ment that....  When you and I got into computers the configurations were limited....  Today there are millions and millions of computer configurations....  If you know how to come out of a beta program with all these configs working please contact me......  We will be able to make trillions of dollars.....    NO PROGRAM LEAVES BETA BUG FREE.........   Never has and never will.....  Nature of the beast... 

The difference is how quickly a software company addresses the issues as they come up.....   I must say Michael has been very quick to respond to the bugs we have help him to discover.....   Heck the man even called me to see if my problem was addressed....  I have never had a software company to do that before......

Offline Nightshadow

• View Profile
    • Hoovers Holiday Fantasy
Re: HLD 4
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »
Sorry you misunderstood me my intention was to remind people that as far as I have seen the industrie does not have many programs that are bug proof and as a bata they are always laden with bugs (hence bata to have bugs found by ussers putting the program through as many paces as possable  ;) and make the program at least functional when released this I know ) My point was that for the most part no program is bug proof because of the different modes people use them for untill they reach version Five where MOST of the bugs have been removed and the program functions well enoough to keep people happy.

As Mike knows from my notes to him He is doing a fantastic job and I commend him and his diligance, I have never seen anyone in the feild persue as he does. He comments that WE the people here keep him going and at the same time we knowing that he is working on these problems keeps our patience in cheek and willing to work with and wait fir the fixes to come.

The original post was meant only as humor and should be taken as such.