Author Topic: Mini Trees  (Read 7008 times)

Offline mcnamara9

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Mini Trees
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:34:44 AM »
Right now, I'm just using the "frame" as my mini tree.  What have other people done to model in mini-trees?  Would you be willing to share your tree file?  I have a mega tree file I'd be more than willing to share if anybody is interested.  I've attached a picture of what I've done so far, but I'm still working on a few more things before this is officially done.

Offline direct1998

• View Profile
    • Thiel's Christmas Treasure
Re: Mini Trees
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »
I just created small trees in MSPaint and placed lights on them.  I then imported the item.  I have also attached a picture of what I have at this time.  I am currently struggling with my mega tree layout and design.  Once completed I will bring it into the project as well. 

I have also completed the wreaths after I captured this picture.  The wreaths are 3 colors, red - green and white.  I created them with the mega tree and just turned the tree on its side and set the height low and bottom to the size of the wreath.  I then saved the tree layout design.  This allowed me to create a tree with each color and overlay it on top of the other for each wreath.   

Offline J_Lorenz

• View Profile
Re: Mini Trees
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »
Thanks for the tip Direct1998.  I just used MS Paint to create some mini trees (not as good as yours), then took them into Photoshop to make the file smaller.

Question, Can you resize objects in HLD?

We should start a Thread "Share Your Decorations" where we can share our decoration files.

thanks, Jim