Author Topic: Problem with HLD and LOR together.....  (Read 9266 times)

Offline chowell

• View Profile
Problem with HLD and LOR together.....
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
Here is my question:  Can I have the sequence editor open, the HLD window open, and keep both windows open while switching back and forth between the programs?  For instance, when I use the sequence editor in LOR and edit a sequence, when I hit the play button to check it out, the HLD window minimizes so I have to hurry to the bottom of the screen and open it back up so I can see what I've just changed.  It is a pain when you are using the "visible screen" play range in LOR because it is a short time that you can see changes.  Is there a way that when I hit the play button on LOR, the HLD screen stays up?

Thanks in advance.
Corey

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with HLD and LOR together.....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »
Maybe I'm not following, but the HLD window should not minimize when hitting the play button in LOR.  At least I've never seen that.  What OS are you using?  Do other apps minimize when hitting the LOR play button?  It sounds like a windows setting or something.
Michael-

Offline chowell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
Yeah, first I open LOR or HLD, then the other so I have both programs open.  I get them connected, then proceed to work.  Whenever I am working in LOR, the HLD window minimizes. I have recently tried just having each window open next to each other which works, but I can't size the HLD window down any.....all it does is bounce all over and finish at the original size it was when the program first opens.  Any tricks to resizing the window.  Clicking and dragging doesn't seem to work. 

Thanks again.
Corey

Offline Driv

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 09:15:58 AM »
not sure i understand the question myself, but may try using Alt + Tab to switch to HLD after hitting play in the sequence editor.

Offline MINIboyink

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
I understand what you are saying. Yes you can have LOR open and HLD at the same time. Here's what I do. First I use two monitors. I open LOR on one and HLD on the other. Next I open view 1 and minimize the HLD application window. Then I maximize the view 1. You tend to get better results doing this.

When I do playback in LOR I simply look at the other monitor to see my real-time animation.

If you don't have two monitors don't maximize LOR. Pull it a little over and place the view 1 next to LOR. Remember for best results only have view showing not the application window.

By using this method I have successfully mapped 768 channels from LOR to HLD and it displays them all in real-time.

-Brad

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
Hi Brad,
Thanks for the tip.  I have to admit I haven't thought of just using one of the views.  I've passed the tip along to another user who has been struggling with LOR and HLD being out of sync. 
Michael-