Author Topic: How do you select an entire string of lights  (Read 5073 times)

Offline J_Lorenz

• View Profile
How do you select an entire string of lights
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
I make a point to point trace or even just a single string of lights, then I want to change it's channel.  The problem is when you click on part of the string you only are selecting a single light in the string and not the entire string.  Holding down the control key and trying to mouse over the string does not work very well.  SO how do you select a string or set of point to point string of lights??

Offline Holidaysoft

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do you select an entire string of lights
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »
The software tracks objects at the channel level.  Future versions will have the ability to manipulate at the strand level.  However, if you right click over a light you can select the option to change all bulbs in channel A to channel B.
Michael-

Offline J_Lorenz

• View Profile
Re: How do you select an entire string of lights
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »
Our displays are planned, designed, and put up at the strand or set of connected strands of lights.  When we draw them in the application and don't have the controller/channel set right we need to change it for that strand/set of strands.  Also later when we are working with our Light-O-Rama program, we might change channels of strands.  I know we can click on an individual light plus we can use the control key but in a long strand or one that makes corners, loops, etc. it this is not practical.

We need selection by string of lights when made point to point or set of strings when using the other feature.

Looking forward to your next release.